Resources and information are available here and from each of the coalition’s member organizations.
Here are some ideas:
- Hold a webinar or teleclass
- Present at a local community meeting such as a Rotary Club, Parent Teacher Organization, Mental Health Support group, or Faith based group.
- Contact organizations in your community to recognize and hold ADHD Awareness Month activities.
- Write to legislators to inform them of awareness month and ask for their participation in your events.
- Contact a State Legislator to have your State declare ADHD Awareness Month. (Google: “yourstatename legislature”).
- Print the poster available here and post it throughout your community.
- Arrange for a local library or community center display on ADHD.
- Print up these fact sheets about ADHD and leave copies with libraries, pharmacies, and your local media (newspapers, and radio and TV stations).
- Do not feel limited to the month of October. Keep spreading the word and holding activities throughout the month of October.