Video Specifications and How to Enter
Videos must be submitted to one of four categories:
- Parent: You are the parent/caregiver of a child with ADHD under the age of 18.
- Child: You are a child under the age of 18 who has ADHD
- Adult: You are 18 or older living with ADHD
- Professional: You provide support to individuals living with ADHD or are a board member or employee of an ADHD organization *no prizes awarded*
This video contest is open to all participants of age 18 and older, regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation. If the video is made by a child under the age of 18, permission by a parent or guardian is required.
- Submit a video that must share an experience or tip related to living with or treating ADHD
- Video entries must be in English or with English subtitles
- Videos should be no longer than two minutes in length.
- Video must be in one of the specified file formats: .mov, mp4, .wmv
- The video must be an original work.
- A limit of one video entry per category.
- Submit your video file through the online contest entry form using the following naming format: LastName_FirstName_Category
- All actors in the video must agree to the terms on the Video Release Consent Form
- Please pay attention to the Other Guidelines listed below
Crucial Contest Dates
All of the entries that meet the above requirements in the Parent, Adult and Child category will be judged by a panel of ADHD experts based on:
- Content of message
- Creativity and originality
- Quality of production
Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Parent, Child and Adult.
For each of the three categories, there will be a Judges’ Choice, a Viewers’ Choice and up to three Honorable Mentions awarded. The Judges’ Choice will be based on points from the panel of judges. The Viewers’ Choice will be based on votes for the video. The Honorable Mention will be a combination of points from the judges with consideration of votes. While participants may enter up to one video in each category they qualify for, participants are only eligible to receive one prize across all the categories.
Prizes for each category may include:
- Parent: A $200 Visa gift card, 1 year family membership to CHADD and ADDA, 2 hours of consulting with a coach from ADHD Coaches Organization
- Child: An iPad mini with a cover, $100 gift card to the Apple store
- Adult: A $200 Visa gift card, 1 year family membership to CHADD and ADDA, 2 hours of consulting with a coach from ADHD Coaches Organization
Honorable Mentions will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
Prizes will be awarded upon winner verification. The winners will be notified by email within 30 days after winning. The winner with then have 30 days to respond with their contact information. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 30 days after being selected or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Internet and valid email address is required.
- This contest is not sponsored by YouTube and YouTube does not administer the contest site.
- Keep it clean. No violence, profanity, sex, product endorsements, or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Your video must not infringe on any third party rights. That means all images or music used must be either be original, open source, or have appropriate permissions. All videos must comply with the YouTube Community Guidelines www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/communityguidelines.html
- As a professional, you may include your name, your profession and mention your business or website, but not otherwise have outward marketing.
- Videos previously produced for compensation are not eligible.
- During the submission process prior to actually submitting a video, contestants must agree to both the contest rules as stated in this agreement (the rules you are reading now) and the terms of the video release consent (see below).
- Videos that violate the rules or entry guidelines will be disqualified from the contest.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these contest rules.
- The ADHD Awareness Month coalition will reserve the right to award fewer or no prizes in one or more of the categories if there is an inadequate number of videos submitted.
Fill out the submission form here
You can either include a link to your video on YouTube or attach it to the form.